Multi-tenancy enables serving of multiple blockchain applications with a single Orchestrate instance. Resources including transaction streams, access to the blockchain network, private keys, and smart contracts are isolated to the tenant that owns them.
- Serving multiple independent legal entities or group of users with isolation between them.
- Saving running costs by running a single Orchestrate instance for multiple parties or multiple use cases.
In a multi-tenant environment:
- The operator runs the Orchestrate instance.
- A tenant is a group of users with access to the tenant resources (for example, accounts).
- A tenant user belongs to a specific tenant and is identified by a tenant ID.
Orchestrate is not an identity provider and does not generate JSON web tokens(JWTs) in production. In production, use an identity provider such as Auth0 to generate JWTs.